Monday, January 6, 2014

Our Donors Choose Project Has Been Funded! Our Makerbot 3D Printer Is On It's Way To Van Meter!

We have some super exciting news from Van Meter!

Our Donors Choose project has been funded and we will be adding a Makerbot 3D printer to our library.

I was so excited to receive the news today when I looked at the webpage for our project.

According to Donors Choose we will receive our Makerbot 3D printer within a few weeks.  I cannot wait to tell all of the students and teachers this week....They will be very excited too!
When I wrote the project through Donors Choose I started looking for resources and others who also had a Makerbot or other type of 3D printer in their library or school.

It has been fun and interesting to begin to pull these things together....We will be ready to jump into this new adventure.  Thank you friends for sharing so many ideas and wonderful information with me....We are going to have a super time collaborating with 3D printing and our Makerbot 3D printers.

You can read the first post about our project from the blog here.
As I wrote today on our Donors Choose project page, thank you to everyone who supported this project and for believing in innovative, creative, and collaborative education.

This will be one more thing that engages and empowers our young people to find their interests and take learning to a new place.

I can't wait to see what they think. I can't wait to see the very first thing that they create.  I can't wait to create something with them.  I can't wait to collaborate with our friend Andy Plemmons and his students....and other libraries and schools around the world who are also integrating 3D printing.

And most of all, I can't wait to see the difference this will bring to our library, school community, and to our students.

As we prepare to build a new library within our building, we will add a very special makerspace for our Makerbot 3D printer.  A place where all of our students in kindergarten through 12th grade can have access to it and use it to make a difference.

Thank you friends for bringing this to us.  We are thankful.  We can't wait to continue sharing our adventure in 3D creating and printing with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment