Thursday, December 14, 2017

Building Instructional Partnerships as Future Ready Librarians....Tell Us How You Do This!

As Future Ready Librarians, we are leaders within our library, school community and throughout our profession in many ways.  We design collaborative spaces, cultivate community partnerships,  facilitate professional learning, and so much more.

As we look at the Future Ready Librarians Framework, one of my favorite wedges is Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment. Included in this wedge is Curates Digital Resources and Tools, Empowers Students as Creators and Building Instructional Partnership. 

Today when I was working on a few Collections by Destiny for the holidays and winter, I thought a lot about the way we lead within this wedge throughout the year.  
When I was in the library, my role in partnering with the teachers became even bigger around this time of year....just like I always saw at the beginning of the year too.  Teachers were getting things wrapped up before a big holiday break and gearing up to kick off the second part of the school year and a brand new year with a bang.  Even though the time before any break can be a bit stressful, it can also be exciting,  refreshing and very rewarding for all.

It is a new start!  And a time for us as Future Ready Librarians to show our leadership skills by building instructional partnerships that last throughout the year.

So today, I thought it would be fun and helpful to brainstorm some ideas and new ways you can collaborate with your teachers in 2018!
I have created this Padlet that we can use.

You can go to the Building Instructional Partnerships Padlet here to share your ideas and ways that have worked as you collaborate with other educators in your school community.

Please share....We can't wait to be inspired by your ideas.  
To give you a little sneak peak at what I included, here is the Winter Collection by Destiny I added to the Padlet, 
along with ways to use Collections for building collaborative partnerships.  

Go to the Padlet now to see my other ideas and add yours.

Together we will become the best Future Ready Librarian leaders in 2018!  

No comments:

Post a Comment